Join us for Giving Tuesday!
Your year-end contribution allows us to to continue to reach the community during these challenging times and adapt for a stronger tomorrow!
Education Director, Aimee French for Learning to See discusses how the program has adapted for the long-distance learning.
At Focus on the Masters, we believe in the power of the arts to transform lives and to connect one another through our shared humanity. We strive to bring the humanities behind the arts to life through our programs. With your support, we can continue to increase arts access in the schools and throughout our community.
Your donation supports the program that is the heart of our mission, to document and archive extraordinary artists and their work and to present this work to a broad public through extensive education outreach to all ages, including:
• Focus on the Masters Arts Archive & Library – Contains more than 2,600 local artists, galleries and other art-related entities. Established in 1994, the FOTM collection is utilized by museums, curators, scholars and media. The archive contributes to publications, exhibitions, books and catalogs. The artist portraits and accompanying biographical statements are exhibited regularly. ALL FOTM’s PROGRAMS originate from the archives.
• Learning to See (LTS) Outreach Compelling lessons inspired by the life and work of our Documented Artists to over 250,000 students throughout Ventura County to date.
• Artist Spotlight – Monthly meet-the-artist live interviews set to resume via Zoom February 2021. To date 248 artists have been comprehensively documented. The Artist Spotlight is the culmination of in-depth documentation, consisting of recorded oral histories, written biographies, slide/visual library, video recordings, ephemera and photographs that become the artist’s archive.
Learning to See Youth Programs during the Pandemic
Please give generously to help us continue to bring quality arts enrichment to our community. Below are some of our giving opportunities.
• Give an individual contribution (above)
• Become a member or gift membership
• Become Sustaining Partner
• Join our volunteer team
• Share our programming with a friend
• Support a Learning To See Residency
• Help grow our Endowment
On behalf of all of us at FOTM, we thank you in advance for your generosity.
Our wish for you and yours is that you have a wonderful holiday season and that 2021 brings good health, joy and prosperity.