We’re Hiring Teaching Artists for Learning to See Classroom Residencies
Focus on the Masters Arts Archive and Library is seeking qualified Teaching Artists for their in-school art program, Learning To See Outreach
- Professional artist and fine arts education required – fine arts degree preferred.
- Teaching experience in grades K-8
- Experienced and adaptable to a wide range of educational situations
- Confident social skills and professionalism
- Proactive communication via email
- Strong time management
- Must have reliable form of transportation
- Must pass TB clearance and background check.
- September 2023 – June 2024
- Must be willing to teach at least 3 residencies per week.
- Ideally, multiple residencies would all be taught in one day.
- More than one day a week could be available.
- About 10 hours of training
- Teach art in public schools, grades k-8.
- 8-10 week residencies – A residency is one lesson per week over a designated period of weeks in the same classroom.
- Follow established Learning To See lesson plans: Each of our lessons is inspired by an extraordinary artist from our community.
- 45 min – 1 hour for each lesson
- Plus necessary prep, set up and cleanup time for each classroom/lesson.
- Approximately 30 students in each classroom
- Teach a variety of mediums, styles, and concepts.
- All art supplies are provided.
$60 per lesson
$20/hour during training
We are currently accepting applications!
The deadline for submitting your information is Wednesday August 23, 2023 by noon.